The Flyz's Blog

Sunday, March 26, 2006

JD on the rocks on a Saturday night

The bitterness of being alone on Saturday night
The sweetness of Jack Daniels whisky

The bittersweet of JD on the rocks on a saturday night...

Here I am, alone again on a Saturday night, sipping JD on the rocks in front of the PC, blogging on one side, listening to Metallica on another, chatting on MSN on another and massacring 6 orcs at the same time on the other side. My life is such a bore...

The past week had been superbly tiring, I've been assigned to the warehouse for the last week and next, and lucky me, just in time for the March shipment of 3 containers of good to arrive. So there really isn't much else for me to do, except checking on the stocks... all 3 containers of them, exceeding the number of 100 thousand individual pieces all in all! Whee!

Oh, as I was saying, last Monday is my birthday, so happy belated birthday to me. I'm officially 24 now, another chapter in the book of my life. Which if I think that such book were to exist, almost every pages would be dog-eared, a few pages have that wet-but-dried texture, a few pages missing, some torn, and almost every pages are dirty with grafitti, and random coffee stains here and there, and possibly other unindentified stains too.

When we're all kids, birthdays used to be all about cakes, presents and food. Slightly older, its about wishes and friends. When you're my age, birthdays is just another way to remind yourself that you're another year older and you're still a loser.

Do you actually make a wish when you blow out the candles on your cake? I used to do it, but somehow when I blew out the candles on the cake last Monday, my mind went blank, and I just blew out the candles, without even pausnig to wish, matter-of-fact, making a wish didn't even really crossed my mind at all. Come to think of it, even now I can't think of a wish that I would wish for had I remember to make a wish that night.

There are just too many things that I would wished for nowadays, so many that I wouldn't know which to actually wish for. A stable career? A stable relationship? A better life in general? World peace? or maybe just a simple wish that tomorrow would be better than today?



_____
Before this, I was: Sipping JD on the rocks
Currently listening to: Metallica - Don't Tread On Me
Currently feeling: Bored, emo, sleepy, tired, sore

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home