The Flyz's Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Gohtong Jaya: I wuz there!

I was driving myself home after packing up the roadshow in Batu Cave's Giant today, going there was pretty easy, take the LDP all the way straight, but going back was rather confusing, especially with all the constructions going there at the moment, hence I got lost. The signboards were pretty much as useless as any other signboards in KL, but nonetheless, I just follow the direction to Kuala Lumpur, at least I know my way around KL city. So I just drive around on the highway following the direction to Kuala Lumpur, did I mention I don't even know which highway / expressway I'm on? So I just pretty much blindly driving along, noticing signboards to know where I'm heading.

The next thing I know, a signboard says Plaza Tol: 500m. Shit! I'm already on the highway, I can't possibly make a U-turn can I? But when I reached the toll booth, it says RM4 for cars and I instantly recognized which tollbooth that is and where it's headed; Genting. I also know that the nearest interchange to turn off the highway and make a U-turn is Genting itself, or another 20km further to Bentong.

So about half-an-hour, 1/5 tank petrol and RM4 later, I'm in Gohtong Jaya. Spend less than 5 minutes there, made a U-turn and straight back down to KL city. My first time driving to Gohtong Jaya, in the night, and raining slightly, it's a miracle I'm still alive, pretty much drove all the way up with the auto gear at 2nd and low. Yeah, that's my adventure getting lost and drove all the way to Gohtong Jaya.... Nevermind

Zouk Abuse Real? Hoax? Publicity stunt? See for yourselves...



_____
Before this, I was: Reading that Zouk Hoax blog
Currently listening to: Da Lench Mob - Guerillas In Tha Mist (GTA: SA - Radio Los Santos)
Currently feeling: Tired, sleepy, bored

5 Comments:

  • OMG you actually drove to Gohtong Jaya to make a u-turn? why didn't u just make a turn BEFORE even passing the security checkpoint? no divider also.

    and I hate to break it to you, but if you went a lil futher after the genting exit and into the tunnel, you would see a flyover which would take you to a Petronas/McDonalds on the opposite side of the highway which will also lead you back to KL.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM  

  • You sure u in Gohtong Jaya or Genting Sempah? There're so many U-turn opportunities before reaching Gohtong Jaya. Once you reach Gohtong Jaya, it's not U-turn anymore.. it's the roundabout liaoz!

    I think you meant the McD's area there. Pass the tunnel, keep left, up the ramp. Like Din said it :p

    By Blogger narrowband, at 11:43 AM  

  • The Zouk Abuse blog is real. Came out Malay Mail 5th November, front page.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • That's the first time I've actually drove myself there, I've been through that road and up Genting maybe a dozen more, but all those times, I was the passenger... and most of the time, I'm sleeping :-) So didn't recognize the road, I just took the very first interchange out of the highway, which is UP Genting

    By Blogger Flyz, at 11:31 PM  

  • bwahaha... wrong direction man. :P Oh well, at least well... i have no idea what else to add :)

    By Blogger David, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home