The Flyz's Blog

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'll be missing you

It's been more than a week since I got back to KL, life is pretty much getting back to its normal chaos. But something still nags at me, a small fraction of memory that I can't seem to forget, no matter how hard I tried, somehow her face still lingers in my mind until now.

As I mentioned, night comes really early in Kota Kinabalu, so pretty much by 7, it's already pitch dark. The exhibition is supposed to last until 9pm, but there wasn't much crowd at the venue come night. So pretty much everybody packs up by 8 and do whatever they do, as for me and my colleague, it's trudge back to the hotel room and pretty much do nothing. Due to the fact that we've been standing around at the exhibition the entire day, we inevitably and unintentionally fall asleep really fast, often even before 10. That's the same process almost everyday, so I'm determined not to sleep so early at the last night we're at KK.

As usual, we're back to the hotel room by 7 something, but since it's the last night, we went out to grab a taste of the famous cheap seafood in KK. We got back to the hotel at about 11 something, watch some TV on Vision Four and started to feel sleepy, but since I'm determined to not sleep so early, I went downstairs to the lounge.

It wasn't much of a lounge, pretty much just a bar and some tables. There's a projector screen showing football, so I supposed watching football still beats doing nothing in the room. The bar is rather empty except for some local dudes watching football, I suspect maybe it's a Sunday night and there really wasn't that many guests in the hotel.

So I was happily sipping my RM 18 per mug Heineken while staring at the TV, then she came in. Looking all cute in her customary black skirt and white shirt uniform of the hotel waitress. My initial reaction wasn't really much enthusiasted, maybe just a second look and I return to the TV. It wasn't long later the game ended and there wasn't anything interesting on TV anymore, she's sitting inside the bar near counter, which is more or less right in front of me. Since there wasn't much else to do, I made a customary "Hi" and "How are you?" to her, since she doesn't have much to do anyway.

Pretty soon, the bar is empty except the two of us, she inside the bar and me sitting on the bar stool opposite her. I'd have to say that she's really cute, can't really say hot nor especially beautiful, but more of the innocent sort of girl-next-door cuteness. She's a native of Sabah; a Kadazan, which gave her that exotic look that I'm pretty much a sucker for.

We talked about a whole load of things; What to do in KK?, KK nightlife, the food, shopping, music, football (She Chelsea supporter), smoking, beer, the hotel, my job, her job and a whole load more that I can't even remember. She wasn't very fluent in English, but then again, everybody speaks abit of English in KK, so we spoke in abit of English + Malay + funny hand gesture combination the entire night.

It's almost 2am, and we've been talking almost non-stop for hours, the bar closes at 2, and the other staff start coming into the bar to pack up and close down. She have to start helping out as well, so I just excused myself and went back to my room, after I got her phone number of course.

My flight back to KL is the next day, but I didn't get a chance to meet her again though because since she finishes work at 2am, she starts the next day's shift at 6pm, which at that time I'm already on my way to the airport. Then again, I do have her phone number, so I managed to say good bye to her for the last time when I called her at the airport.

I'm not sure if you'll ever read this post, nor even realize the existence of this blog, but if you somehow do managed read this, I'd like to say that few hours we had, just you and me in the bar is one of the happiest moments I've had for a long long time. Take care, and I'll be missing you.



_____
Currently feeling: Emo, melancholy, tired, sleepy
Currently listening to: Oasis - Take Me Away

1 Comments:

  • hehe, that's so sweet. At least you still have her phone number, so you can still call her whenever you feel like it :D

    By Blogger Phat Culture, at 1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home